Receive fast search results with our automated services. Our reports include information such as owner names, lien information, tax data, deed and mortgage status and legal information. We provide you with the deed and vesting information, so you can determine the current owner and their ownership status. You have several search options to suit the needs of a particular loan.Obtain relevant data to verify ownership statusOur nationwide network of abstractors, databases and internal resources help provide timely information in an easy-to-read format. In some instances, our reports provide all the relevant data needed to determine ownership. However, these reports do not constitute a title insurance policy. Where necessary, information from the reports can be used by attorneys to abstract and issue an opinion of title.
Legal and Vesting Report
Obtain a property’s legal description, tax data and owner information back to current ownership. Reviews county-level land records only.
Current Owner Property Search Report
Receive a property’s deed/vesting and tax information, a legal description and mortgage and lien information. Reviews county-level land records back to the current owner and the deed into that owner.
Full Search Report
Obtain a complete ownership chain of title for a property up to a specified term. Available terms include 20 years, 30 years, 40 years, 50 years, 60 years and 65 years, as well as a credit risk-defined good stop point.
Verify whether a mortgage has been recorded or released. You provide information to locate a specific mortgage, and you’ll receive information from the appropriate municipal office. Reviews county-level land records only.
Other Reports Include:
- Alta Title Commitments – Title Source offers a variety of title services to secure your lien position. Our ALTA products are insured through the top title underwriters in the industry. Our ALTA commitments are issued in 49 states and the District of Columbia.
- Current Owner Search – Informational report that includes current deed of record, open mortgages or encumbrances of record, open judgments or liens of record, current tax information and subject property legal description.
- HELOC 2nd Lien Insured Reports – Property legal description and ownership information provided with insured coverage limits on 2nd lien home equity loan products up to $500,000.
- Judgment Search – Informational Report that includes all judgments or liens of record as to specifically named parties.
- Tax Search – Informational report that includes current tax information as to a specific property.
- UCC/Financing Statement Search – Informational report that includes all UCC or financing statements of record as to specifically named parties.
- Foreclosure Reports – Informational report that includes current deed of record, open mortgages or encumbrances of record with mortgage or encumbrance holders’ address, open judgments or liens of record with creditors’ and attorneys’ addresses, current tax information and subject property legal description.